The screws, 40 years of age and facing south, are located on a granite weathering and are harvested in early October.
The wine is ruby red in colour, and is characterized by its intense aroma and by an ample and velvety flavor.
These are the features of Lakana wine:
- Fermentation: long maceration of the skins at a controlled temperature.
Fermentation temperature between 25-28 °C;
- Aging: in wood barrels and subsequently in bottles.
PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
- Alcohol content: 14.50 % vol.;
- Dry extract: 29.7 g/l;
- Total acidity: 5.6 g/l;
- Total SO2: 80 ppm.
- Colour: deep ruby red with garnet highlights;
- Scent: a particularly delicate long bouquet,
with hints of cherries typical of the place of origin;
- Taste: full, velvety, fresh and lon